Our company sets up the corporate society responsibility committee, including six groups, in which the chairman of the board serves as the president, the general manager serves as the chief commissioner, and the heads and senior supervisors of the business department serve as commissioners. The committee is responsible for establishing the social responsibility vision of the company, defining key stakeholders, and reporting the CSR implementation results of the year to the board, including labor relations, working environment, personal safety protection, environmental protection, social care…etc.
About Labor Relations
Our company’s employee welfare measures, training, retirement systems and implementation, labor agreements, and maintenance measures of the rights and interests of employees are as follows:
1. Employee Benefits Measures:
Based on laws and regulations, in order to better take care of staff life, our company provides labor insurance, health insurance, allocates labor pension, annual special leave, group insurance, regular health check, food, parking, travel expense, and private car public oil cost, and staff travel subsidies, doctor health consultation in the factory, massage services, year-end tail, bonuses, staff dividends, birthday gifts, Labor Day, Dragon Boat Festival, and Mid-Autumn Festival coupons, community and corporate activities, employee stocks, and marriage, funeral, hospitalization, and fertility subsidies. Besides, there are breastfeeding rooms and fertility bonuses are provided to encourage fertility.
2. Staff Training
Our Company has the "Education and Training Management Approach" to cultivate staff’s professional knowledge and skills to train them performing their capabilities, increasing work efficiency, and ensuring the quality of work to achieve our company’s goal of sustainable development. In addition to the education training for new staff to make newcomers fast integrate into the organizations, department heads and staff can also hold company-wide or departmental training courses and seminars in accordance with the project needs for environmental trends inside and outside the enterprise to strengthen staff’s complete training pipelines and enhance their professional ability and core competencies. Also, we have the "On-the-job Training Management Approach" to promote the company personnel training as well as their professional knowledge and skills. The reading room is set to provide books and magazines for colleagues to read
3. Employee Retirement System and Implementation
Based on the Labor Standards Act, our company allocates 4% of the total wages paid as the retirement reserve in the pension account of Taiwan Bank. In line with the implementation of the new Labor Pension Ordinance, the service years of the staff of originally the old Labor Pension Ordinance choose to apply the new system or the new system are of the determined allocation system, of which the retirement scheme under the provision of the Labor Pension Ordinance, our company allocates 6% of the total wages paid as the retirement reserve in the labor retired individual account of the Labor Insurance Bureau. When the staff retires, their pension is paid according to the provisions of the Labor Standards Act.
4. Agreement between Labor and Capital:
Our company’s provisions are all based on the Labor Standards Act. To follow the guidelines, employees can communicate with our company through the welfare committee and the labor meeting for the issues of the systems and working environment of the company to maintain good interaction between employers and employees. To the Published day, our company’s labor relations are harmonious and there is no labor dispute.
5. Employee Benefits Maintenance
Our company sets up management practices and system related to employee benefits in employee rights and obligations as well as welfare projects. Also, we regularly review and revise related approaches and systems to maintain all employees’ rights and interests.
Protection Concerning Working Environment and Personal Safety
1. To provide a healthy and safety environment, our company is qualified with the OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management system certification. Every year, the qualified testing facility is commissioned to detect harmful factors on the interior working environment to protect employee safety.
2. Access control is implemented in office space and every half year, fire and first aid training is held once for fire drill and emergency contingency exercises.
3. Our company set security personnel at entrances and exits for directing traffic. At off work time, the counter staff can help call the taxi and our cooperative Taxi line to carry our staff to protect employees’ safety.
4. Nurses are employed to conduct employee health check, health care, and health promotion work. There are resident physicians serving in our company for medical counseling.
Sustainable development environment:
1. After wastes are sorted in plants. After hazardous wastes are collected by the management department, we commission the qualified waste disposal company for removing. Recyclable wastes are classified and recovered by plants and then sold or reused them. The recyclable parts in kitchen wastes are recycled by the processors with qualified license. The remaining life wastes are removed by the environmental protection units of the local government. The above-mentioned proceedings are to enhance the utilization efficiency of resources and gradually reduce the impact on the environmental load.
2. Currently, in our plants, according to the requirements of the ISO14001 environmental management system, we set up the environmental management policy and system and make the implementation. Every year, the qualified internal audit staffs within the enterprise conduct internal review and the managers conduct management review. Further, we commission third party impartiality for review to continue the promotion of the environmental management system to meet customer requirements and achieve social responsibility of enterprise sustainable management simultaneously.
3. Since 2010 when the Chicony Group set an industrial safety and health department, we maintain environmental management in line with continuous promotion of environmental management affairs through propaganda, education training, benchmarking, auditing, and tracking improvements, while satisfying customers' requests. Currently, on waste reduction, recycling, and alternative use in our plants, we can continue making progress.
4. In our plants, we stay focusing on the issue of the impact of production and operation activities on climate change. Also, we conduct project improvement for energy conservation, as follows.
i. Continuous replacement of energy-saving lamps with LED energy-saving lamps.
ii. For unreasonable layouts in some parts of the production process, assembly lines are re-arranged.
iii. The equipment with high energy consumption, such as the tin stove and the heating chamber with aging lines, is replaced with the low energy consumption system equipment.
iv. Making full use of waste heat recovery of the air compressor to use the recycled heat for heating showering water in the staff dorm.
v. Improvement of energy consumption in each device of the air compressor system.
vi. Inverter energy saving devices are installed in old injection molding machines.
vii. Timely maintenance of cooling towers to cut back overflow and achieve the water-saving purpose.
viii. Water-saving faucets and toilets are used achieve the water-saving purpose.
ix. Advocacy of reducing resource wastes and promoting employees’ energy-saving awareness. Our plants have continuously passed the ISO14064-1 greenhouse gas inventory and started carbon footprint management on our products. At the same time, we participate in the forums and training programs held by the government, institutions, and customers for continuous improvement the reduction of gas emissions and sustainable environment management.
To maintain social welfare, we conduct the following measures.
1. We keep the labor laws and regulations to ensure the protection of employees’ lawful rights and interests on wages, welfare, health, and security. Currently we have been in accordance with the requirements of the internal code of conduct to set up the social responsibility management system for management and continuous improvement on the social responsibilities related to the company.
2. We regard employees’ health. In addition to the certification of the OHSAS18001 occupational health and safety management system, every year, we commission the qualified testing facility to detect harmful factors in the indoor working environment to meet regulatory requirements. Also, we hold more than once fire and emergency trainings every year to ensure employees' work safety.
3. We completely perform and comply with protection regulations of consumer rights and interests and set customer satisfaction as one of the important strategies in our company.
4. Supplier audits, counseling, the filling of suppliers’ social responsibility self-assessment form, and suppliers’ social responsibility performance audits are conducted in line with the EICC policy to enhance suppliers’ social responsibility. Currently, the main material manufacturers have completed the supplier social responsibility self-assessment report. Every year, with the conflict-free metal survey of clients to downstream suppliers, we strive for human rights protection. 5. The Chicony Group participates actively in community development and activities of charitable organizations.
i. In 2008, the Chicony Group made a donation of RMB$ 22,000,000 for disaster recovery of Wenchuan earthquake and approximately total NT$ 2,000,000 to National Taipei University of Technology, Tzih Hual Social Welfare Foundation, Taiwan Health Foundation, and other groups.
ii. In 2009, the Chicony Group made a donation of NT$50,000,000, for disaster recovery of the typhoon-Morakot-caused floods and approximately total NT$2,000,000 to National Taipei University of Technology, Tzih Hual Social Welfare Foundation, Taiwan Health Foundation, Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Research Foundation, and other groups.
iii. In 2010, the Chicony Group made a donation of approximately total NT$3,000,000 to Taiwan Health Foundation, Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Research Foundation, and other groups.
iv. In 2011, the Chicony Group made a donation of NT$10,000,000 for disaster recovery of Japan earthquake and approximately total NT$10,000,000 to National Taipei University of Technology, Tzih Hual Social Welfare Foundation, Taiwan Foundation for Geriatric Emergency and Critical Care, Hospice Foundation of Taiwan, Taiwan Health Foundation, Liver Disease Prevention & Treatment Research Foundation, New Dawn Center, Hualien City, Taiwan, and other groups.
v. In 2013, the Chicony Group made a donation of NT$100 million to build the second teaching building "Chicony Buildings" in the East Campus of National Taipei University of Technology.
vi. In 2016, the Chicony Group built a 39-floor and underground five-floor landmark office building in Sanchung Region. Also, we donated about 1,000 pings of land to build park green space as the feedback towards community residents and the environment.
The material issues for the Group's stakeholders and existing channels for communication are tabled below:
Note: Regular and ad hoc communication/response conducted in accordance with channel, grievance mechanisms and stakeholder requirements.
Contact person and infomation：
Post address: 30F, No.69, Sec. 2, Guangfu Rd., Sanchong Dist.,New Taipei City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
E-mail： Hotline@chiconypower.com.tw ADM Director
I. "The Implementation Measures of Reports and Complaints" is made to provide report and complaint pipeline, including:
Report and Complaint Box Address: 30F., No.69, Sec. 2, Guangfu Rd., Sanchong Dist., New Taipei City 241, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
2. "Report and Complaint E-mail" Hotline@chiconypower.com.tw
The head of the administrative office is responsible for the work. The identity of the prosecutor and the report content will be really confidential and if it is received of the report that our company staff is involved in dishonesty, the responsibility group will be set up immediately for investigation. If it is confirmed there is a violation of related laws and regulations or the policies and regulations of our company, the perpetrator will be required immediately to stop related behavior and according to the major circumstances of the act, our company will make the appropriate disposal. When necessary, the perpetrator will be requested for damages by the legal process to maintain the reputation and interest of our company. The specific prosecution reward system is set with the reward criteria based on "Employee Incentives."
II. In "Measures for the prosecution of complaints," the investigation standard operating procedures of the report issues are provided and the head of the administrative office is responsible for dealing with, investigating, and responding the report complaints; the identity of the prosecutor and report content will be indeed confidential.
III. The identity of the prosecutor and the contents of the report will be indeed confidential and the prosecutor will be protected from suffering improper disposal because of the report.